The full form of MPSC is the Maharashtra Public Service Commission which is a governmental body of Maharashtra state.
The Maharashtra public service commission or MPSC is a government organization made by the constitution of India under Article 315. MPSC conducts examinations to recruit officers for civil service jobs in the Maharashtra state of India.
MPSC selects these civil service officers based on the merits of candidates and pre-set rules of reservation of the state
The Maharashtra public service commission organize and conduct many exams every year such as –
- Maharashtra agriculture service e examination
- Maharashtra subordinate services examinations
- Maharashtra Group C services examinations both prelims and mains
MPSC State service examination is also called MPSC Rajyaseva Examination which is held once every year to recruit Group A and Group B officers in the Maharashtra Administrations.
This is the eligibility criteria for the Maharashtra public service commission examinations –
- The MPSC candidate has to be an Indian netizen.
- Candidates have to be fluent in the Marathi language both spoken and written.
- The candidates have to pass the requisite competency examination.
- To claim the age relaxation or reservation the candidate of the MPSC exam is required to have a home in Maharashtra.
MPSC Age limit
This is the age limit and criteria for the Maharashtra public service commission examination –
- The maximum age limit for MPSC is 38 years for the general category.
- The minimum age limit for MPSC is 19 years.
- The minimum age limit of persons with disabilities for MPSC is 19 while the maximum age limit in such cases is 45.
- MPSC exam’s minimum age limit for the Backward Classes is 19 while the maximum is 43 years.
- MPSC minimum Age limit for Ex-Servicemen of the general category is 43 while the maximum for backward classes is 48.
- MPSC’s minimum age limit for qualified players is 19 while the maximum age limit is 43 years.
- The Maharashtra government provides age relaxation that varies with the cast category of the candidate.
MPSC educational qualification
Apart from the age limit, there are some required educational qualifications for MPSC candidates. This is the educational qualification for the MPSC exam –
- The candidates for the MPSC exam need to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- The candidate needs to be fluent in the Marathi language for both writing and speaking.
- There is a broad range of posts in MPSC so each post has some different qualification requirements as well. Some posts in MPSC require candidates to have some subject-based skills which are compulsory by the Maharashtra public service commission.
MPSC physical measurements
The requirements for the MPSC examination also include physical measurements. MPSC posts like Sy superintendent of police or related to the transport department require specific physical eligibility of the candidate.
For the DySP post, the minimum height of the aspirant is required to be 165 cm for males and for the female candidate it needs to be 157 cm.
What is the MPSC age limit?
The minimum age limit for the MPSC exam candidates is 19 years while the maximum age limit for posts is 33 or 35 for OBC candidates.
What is the MPSC exam for?
The Maharashtra public service commission conducts a civil service examination every year to select officers for various civil service posts in the Maharashtra state of India.
MPSC recruit for the different government bodies of the state administration department under the Maharashtra state government.
What is the qualification for the MPSC exam?
The main qualification for a candidate to appear in the MPSC exam is below –
The candidate needs to be fluent in Marathi
The candidate has to have a Bachelor’s degree.
Which is the highest post in MPSC?
The highest post in the Maharashtra public service commission is Deputy Collector.
Is Maths compulsory for MPSC?
Yeah, math is compulsory to give the MPSC exam. In the MPSC prelims, there is a math subject included.
Some Other Famous Full Forms of MPSC
MPSC- Microsoft Partner Solutions Center- in Computing and Software
MPSC-Manipur Public Service Commission-In Manipur