WFH full form or meaning is Work from Home.
WFH has become a popular abbreviation at present. WFH defines Work from Home or Working from Home that is modern work culture. Work from Home means working remotely like from the comfort of your house. In this working culture, employees work and fulfil their office tasks from home and they don’t need to visits or travel to the physical office.
In this way, their home devices such as the computer become their office. WFH or working from home is also used as a verb. Freelancing is the best example of Work from the home culture which is also a remote employment culture.
Work from home culture is prospering and many companies have allowed complete work from home culture while some are operating at pre-work from a home culture where the employees only need to visit the office for half of the week.
The rapid growth of social media and digital platforms like business software and online office community culture made working from home much easier than anyone had ever imagined.
WFH is not a new term, and it is not officially invented by one person. It is adopted in online communication. However, it saw the biggest boom in coronavirus lockdown period.
When all the countries of the world announced complete lockdown, companies started assigning work to their employees from home.
Freelancers were already working remotely with different companies and individuals but now even the official employees of a company began operating their tasks from their home.
WFH is mostly used in service-oriented tasks and not manufacturing etc. That is why a company that has products distribution process cannot go complete work from home culture.
requirements for Successful WFH in business
For a successful WFH culture in a business, they need some specific features such as –
- Employees need to have the right and proper hardware and software tools for their particular tasks
- The management sector of the company should have access to all software insights to evaluate overall working productive, results and reports
- There should be a proper and long term work from home action plan
- Investment in infrastructure
- The company must have productivity, communication and collaborative software
- In-office computers should be completely secure
Challenges of WFH
WFH culture has grown the productivity in employees but it has some challenges –
- With progress, the chances of cybercrime and hacking are increasing
- Companies need a high level of cybersecurity
- Not all employees can easily adopt WFH culture so they need training
- Management of a remote team is whole other level stress
- Business need to improve their technology and investments in software
How to create a WFH environment?
It needs a proper setting before starting WFH at your house. Here are a few steps –
- The working space of your house should be quiet and private
- All needed equipment should be available such as a strong internet connection, headset. Webcam etc.
- For video conferences and meeting proper lighting and nature is required
What infrastructure are important in WFH?
WFH culture all depends on the proper infrastructures like –
- Security of information and devices should be the first concern in WFH
- The company should enable secure VPN on infrastructure
- The workflow should be zero-trust protocol based when it comes to technology so a multi-factor authentication should be enables
- The online work platforms must be DNS protected
What are the important components for WFH?
Here are a few major components that WFH culture need to have –
- Planning of document sharing and decide if it needs VPN
- Video Conferencing tools
- Task progression and Project management overview
- A help desk for the problem discussions
- Proper communication and collaboration tools
- Cloud storage and good vendor for it, just need to consider for file sharing
Why WFH is not working?
WFH is a modern working culture but sometimes it is not successful. There are 5 main reasons why WFH is not working –
- It’s challenging to control employees remotely
- Allowing WFH to only a few employees seems unjust
- Great collaborative tools can’t replace real collaboration
- WFH is a big change so it requires time to be properly fit
- Sometimes management can’t trust all the employees
Work from home mobile internet plan
Work from home culture continues to grow very fast, and it grew much faster in the Covid-19 era.
Due to the work from home culture, many people started working from home and not all people have a broadband connection, so mobile internet service provider companies launched a separate work from home data plan, in which the users only gets data and not the facility of Tlk time or SMS.
Today, work from home data plans brought by mobile companies are very much liked by people, and they are helping them to do their personal or office work from their home, some famous work home plans are below-
- JIO work from home plan 251 Rupees- 50 GB data for 30 days, no daily uses cap.
- VI work from home plan 351 Rupees- 100GB data for 56 days, no daily uses cap.
- Airtel work from home 251 Rupees- 50 GB data
Some other famous full forms of WFH
WFH- World Federation of Healing (a non-profit organization)
WFH- Wheels for Humanity (a non-profit organization)
Similar full forms-