WiFi full form or meaning is Wireless Fidelity.
WiFi is a wireless network protocol that establishes a data transfer or Internet connection between different electronic devices without a physical wire connection.
wifi, which we also call wi-fi, is a local area connection.
WiFi is a family of wireless network technologies based on IEEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) 802.11
WiFi is a trademark of a non-profit organization called WiFi Alliance.
In other words, WiFi is a local network connection that gives us a way to transfer data between our electronic devices, or the means of connecting electronic devices such as mobiles, computers, laptops, etc. to the Internet.
WiFi is the most common Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) because in most cases it serves human clients directly.
History of wifi
in 1997, the Australian Radio Astronomer Dr John O Sullivan with his fellow Engineers Terence Percival, Graham Daniel
discovered the WIFI and connects to the internet successfully.
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) protocol 802.11 was formed by them and IEEE 802 was constructed.
How WIFI works
WiFi is a technology that allows you to use the Internet on your handheld device, even without a wired connection.
WiFi connects our mobile or other devices wirelessly or over the air with a router or internet.
IEEE or Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers defines WIFI standards under the family of 802 network specifications.
802.3 is used for Ethernet
802.15 is used for Bluetooth
802.11 is used for WIFI networking standards
802.11 wifi standard based on its Designation-
|802.11a||54 MBPS||5 GHz|
|802.11b||11 MBPS||2.4 GHz|
|802.11g||54 MBPS||2.4 GHz|
|802.11n||100+ MBPS||2.4 & 5 GHz|
use of WIFI
Using WiFi we can create a local area network, which we can connect different devices and transfer data.
Can also use internet service with the help of a router.
- for DATA transfer between electronic devices
- for Internet connection
Today WiFi has made our life and internet access more convenient.
We can use the internet anywhere in our home or office on our mobile and personal devices, without the hassle of wire connection.
Today’s new and advanced routers remember connected devices, and the device automatically connects as soon as that device comes back into the Wi-Fi range.
Which devices can connect to wifi
Today we hardly have any electronic device which is not connected to WiFi, whether it is our mobile, laptop, computer, smart TV, AC, fridge, home security devices, Be its smartwatch, music system, lighting, even our car is connected to WiFi today and provides us with many modern facilities.
In today’s time, if an electronic device is not connected to WiFi, it is considered outdated and useless.
Range of WIFI
As you know wifi is a local area network connection, so its range is limited to a limited area.
The wifi range can be up to 120 meters in indoor and 300 meters in open space.
The range of WiFi also depends on the capacity and type of the router.
Interesting facts about WI FI
- Most Internet users who have a broadband connection connect all their devices through WiFi, such as mobiles, laptops, and smart TVs.
- Free WiFi is provided by the government or internet provider at many public places where you can avail the internet for free with good speed.
- Indian Railways and Google together have provided free Wi-Fi facility at more than 5500 railway stations in India.
- Many people today proudly state that their home is a smart home, and WiFi has a huge role in making their home a smart home, no house can become smart without WiFi connectivity.
- Fastest WiFi internet in the world is available in South Korea, where people easily get WiFi internet speed of more than 100 Mbps.
- Today OTT platforms are becoming increasingly popular among people all over the world and the availability of WiFi is also a big reason behind their popularity.
- Initially, when people started using WiFi, it was not named WiFi, instead, people used the words Wave Lane, Dragon Fly, Flank Speed etc.
some other full forms of wifi
WIFI- Wireless Internet for Frequent Interface (in-network connectivity)
WIFI- Wireless Internet for Idiots (funny)
WIFI- Wire-Free Internet
similar full forms
2 thoughts on “WIFI”
Thanks For Good Post