NTPC is a famous Acronym and having two main full forms of NTPC – one NTPC full form is related to the thermal power generation company and another full form of NTPC is related to an examination.
NTPC full form in terms of Power Generation Company
The full form of NTPC in thermal power is the National thermal power corporation which is a public sector corporation of India.
The National thermal power corporation has incorporated since 1975 and is working day in and day out to energize India’s power growth.
The national thermal power corporation has become the largest thermal power generating company in India in manners of installed capacity of thermal power and outputs.
The national thermal power corporation has also been involved in coal mining, renewable energy, power trading, power distribution and equipment manufacturing besides its base operations of power generation.
The headquarter of the national thermal power corporation is in New Delhi and other regional headquarters are Lucknow, Secunderabad, Patna, Bhubaneshwar, Raipur, Mumbai etc.
History of NTPC
- The national thermal power corporation was established on 7th November 1975 as a power generation company.
- Shri D.V. Kapur became the first chairman and Managing Director of NTPC on 19th March 1976.
- The government of India cleared the first project of NTPC on 8th December 1976 which was the thermal power project at Singrauli in Uttar Pradesh.
- It was conferred the status of Navratna Company in 1997.
- NTPC became a listed company in 2004 and in 2005 NTPC was renamed NTPC Limited.
- NTPC signed an agreement with Sri Lanka to set up two units of 250 MW each at Trincomalee in Sri Lanka in 2006.
- NTPC became a Maharana company in May 2010.
- NTPC entered into a joint venture with other renowned companies such as BHEL, NHPC, Bharat Forge, Coal India, SAIL and NMDC from 2008 to 2011.
Interesting facts about NTPC
- NTPC is generating more than 66000 MW of electricity every day in 2020 and is also working to increase its production every day.
- NTPC has a total of 47 power plants, out of which 24 runs on coal, 7 on gas, two hydropower plants, one wind power plant and 13 solar power plants.
- NTPC is a very large power sector company with more than 20,000 permanent employees working in it.
- NTPC single-handedly meets up to 25% of India’s total electricity demand.
Who is the owner of NTPC?
The government of India is the owner of the National thermal power corporation limited and the parent of NTPC is the Ministry of power and the Government of India.
What is the future of NTPC?
The national thermal popular corporation formulated a long term corporate plan to become a 130 GW company till the year 2032.
NTPC Full form in Examination
The full form of NTPC in the examination is Non-technical popular categories which are also called RRB NTPC or the Railway Recruitment Board Non-Technical popular categories.
The non-technical popular category is an examination conducted by the railway board of India. This RRB NTPC examination is conducted every year that consists of a number of posts under it. The RRB NTPC is conducted by the RRB to select different undergraduate and graduate candidates to appoint in Railway of India.
These posts of Railway by RRB includes – Clerks, Assistant and Typist, Guard, apprentice and various other a total of 35208 vacancies.
RRB is the organizing body for the NTPC Examination in India.
The eligibility for the RRB NTPC is at least 12th pass for various posts such as junior clerk cum typist, accounts clerk cum typist, junior timekeeper, trains clerk, commercial cum ticket clerk etc.
On the other hand, the graduate-level posts for RRB NTPC are – Traffic assistant, goods guard, senior commercial cum ticket clerk, senior clerk cum typist, junior account assistant cum typist, senior timekeeper, commercial apprentice, station master etc.
NTPC exam FAQs
What is RRB NTPC Qualification?
This is the qualification for the Railway Recruitment Board Non-technical popular categories –
The candidate for NTPC need to have a 12th certificate
The NTPC candidate should be a citizen of India.
Can the 12th pass apply for RRB NTPC?
Yes, the 12th pass candidates are eligible to give RRB NTPC examination which is the minimum education qualification criteria.
Is there any physical test for RRB NTPC?
There is a medical test for the RRB NTPC which is conducted for every candidate after their document verification stage. This RRB NTPC examination is for Non-graduate posts such as – Trains clerk, commercial cum ticket clerk etc.
Is railway NTPC a good job?
Yes railway NTPC is a good government job option for 12th pass candidates. The railway recruitment board non-technical popular categories examination is conducted to fill a number of vacancies every year.
Interesting facts about NTPC Exam
- You will be very surprised to know that more than one crore 26 lakh applicants applied for a total of 35208 vacancies of RRB NTPC in 2019.
- In 2019 itself, one crore 1500000 students applied for more than one lakh posts of NTPC RRB Group D.
Some other famous full forms of NTPC
NTPC- Northwest Territories Power Corporation- A power Generation company in Canada
NTPC- National Tidal Power Corporation- A Power Generation company in France, generates power from tides