JEE meaning or full form is Joint Entrance examination.
JEE means Joint Entrance Examination is a necessary and largest entrance exam for admission in top engineering colleges in India such as IIT, NIT, IIIT and others.
The Joint Entrance Examination is the national level entrance exam, in which more than 1000000 students participate every year.
This entrance exam is conducted 2 times every year in online mode and this entrance exam has 2 parts.
- JEE Main – Only after qualifying in JEE Main, you will be able to write the JE Advanced exam required for IIT admission.
On the other hand, if you want to get admission in the top engineering college of India like NIT and Triple IT, then you can take admission on JEE Main score
- JEE Advanced- Entrance exam is necessary for admission in 23 IITs of India i.e. Indian Institute of Technology.
Only the students who score best in JEE Advanced get admission in IIT.
Eligibility for JEE
Students who have passed, or are appearing inter or twelfth, with science and maths subjects are eligible for JEE.
The age of the student should be at least 17 years while completing the joint entrance exam.
Highlights of JEE
- JEE is conducted 2 times every year, the first time in January and the second time in April.
- The first stage of the joint entrance examination, called JEE Main, is conducted every year in the first week of April.
- JEE Main Entrance Exam consists of 2 papers, the first paper is to attend by the students who want to get admission in engineering, and the second paper is for those students who want to get admission in the B.Arch course.
- Top 150000 students who score well in JEE Main get a chance to write JEE Advanced.
- The score of class twelfth is not taken into account in preparing the rankings of JEE Mains, the student’s twelfth score is important in the ranking of JEE Advanced.
- A student can write the exam of JEE Main for three consecutive years; the same can write only 2 years of JEE Advanced.
- If a student is appearing in two JEE Main or JEE Advanced exams in the same year, then both of his / her appearances will be held within 1 year, and it will be confirmed as a prompt.
- Multiple Choice Questions are asked in the Joint Entrance Examination, and this exam also has a negative marking scheme.
- The entire process of JEE like application, examination, result and counselling is all online.
- One can get admission in many top engineering colleges in India based on JEE Main score
what is the difference between NEET and JEE?
NEET i.e. National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination is a compulsory entrance exam for admission in medical courses in India like MBBS, BDS, BHMS etc.
Whereas JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Examination is a compulsory entrance exam for admission in top engineering colleges in India like IIT, NIT, IIIT etc.
What is the use of JEE exam?
If a student aspires to do engineering from one of the top engineering colleges in India, then he must write JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Examination.
Based on the scores of JEE Main and JEE Advanced, two parts of this entrance exam, one can get admission to different top colleges like IIT, NIT, IIIT and other engineering colleges.
What is IIT NEET?
JEE Advanced Entrance Exam is also called JEE NEET
as the neet entrance exam is compulsory for medical admission, just like JEE advanced is compulsory for IIT admission.
Some people also call JEE Advanced as JEE NEET.
some other famous full form of JEE
JEE- Journal of Electrical Engineering
JEE – Java Enterprise Edition
similar full forms
JEE Mains full form
IIT full form
Ajay Kumar is an Electrical Engineer who has been working in the field of education for more than a decade. His education and technology related website and YouTube channel have been well-liked by the people. He is famous for explaining technical terms in easy language.
How did you like this article?
If you have any suggestions or questions, then please comment. Follow the Author on social media.