ITI is a 12th level professional technical course. Any student who has completed his 10th can join this course.
Many ITI courses are available, which any student can join after the successful completion of his enrollment. This short term course is beneficial for the students looking for an excellent technical job in a hurry.
Means this 2-year course will allow you to work as a technician in different industries.
Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGET) Ministry of Skill Development And Entrepreneurship is the primary authority for industrial training institutes.
as the name suggests, this course enables you to work in different industries. ITI is a highly job oriented course and easily accessible to most of the students.
This is an excellent course for skill development, and the Government of India is paying much attention to it so that more and more people can be skilled.
NCVT accreditation is a must for all institutes that offer ITI courses.
Various ITI courses are Available in India-
Depending upon the nature of the ITI courses we can divide the classes into two categories-
the ITI courses which are Technical called as engineering ITI course or trades. Under these courses, you have to study maths, physics, and other technical papers. This course duration will usually be 2 years.
Non- engineering courses-
Under the non-engineering courses, you have to study the trades which are related to daily life and management. Most of the courses under this category will have a duration of 6 months to 1 year.
List of engineering and Nn- engineering courses(trades)-
- Electrician-2 years
- Fitter- 2 years
- Mechanical- 2 years
- Surveyor- 2 years
- IT- 2 years
- Tool & Die Maker Engineering-3 years
- Draughtsman (Mechanical) Engineering-2 years
- Diesel Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Pump Operator-1 year
- Motor Driving-cum-Mechanic Engineering-1 year
- Turner Engineering-2 year
- Draughtsman (Civil) Engineering-2 year
- Dress Making-1 year
- Manufacture Foot Wear-1 year
- Information Technology & E.S.M. Engineering-2 year
- Secretarial Practice-1 year
- Machinist Engineering-1 year
- Hair & Skin Care-1 year
- Refrigeration Engineering-2 year
- Fruit & Vegetable Processing-1 year
- Mech. Instrument Engineering-2 year
- Bleaching & Dyeing Calico Print-1 year
- Vessel Navigator
- Cabin or Room Attendant
- Computer-Aided Embroidery And Designing
- Corporate House Keeping
- Counseling Skills
- Creche Management
- Driver Cum Mechanic (Light Motor Vehicle)
- Data Entry Operator
- Domestic House Keeping
- Event Management Assistant
- Front Office Assistant
- Hospital Waste Management
- Institution House Keeping
- Insurance Agent
- Weaving Technician
- Library & Information Science
- Medical Transcription
- Network Technician
- Old Age Care Assistant
- Para Legal Assistant or Munshi
- Preparatory School Management (Assistant)
- Spa Therapy
- Tourist Guide
- Baker & Confectioner
- Web Designing and Computer Graphics
- Cane Willow and Bamboo Worker
- Catering and Hospitality Assistant
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant
- Craftsman Food Production (General)
- Craftsman Food Production (Vegetarian)
- Cutting and Sewing
- Desktop Publishing Operator
- Digital Photographer
- Dress Making
- Surface Ornamentation Techniques (Embroidery)
- Fashion Design and Technology
- Finance Executive
- Fire Technology
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Footwear Maker
- Basic Cosmetology
- Health Safety and Environment
- Health Sanitary Inspector
- Hospital House Keeping
- Human Resource Executive
- Leather Goods Maker
- Litho Offset Machine Minder
- Marketing Executive
- Multimedia Animation and Special Effects
- Office Assistant cum Computer Operator
- Plate Maker cum Impostor
- Preservation of Fruits and Vegetables
- Process Cameraman
- Secretarial Practice (English)
Eligibility for ITI course-
- the student must have passed class 10th for most of the courses or 8th for some non-engineering courses.
- students who have completed 12th also can join the ITI course.
- the minimum age should be above 14 years.
- the maximum age should be less than 40 years.
- for government colleges, students have to clear the entrance exams.
Duration of ITI course-
To understand the full form of ITI well, we have to follow some essential points related to ITI. The duration of ITI is one of the vital points every ITI aspirants should understand clearly.
the period of the ITI course is six months, nine months, 1year, 1.5 years, and two years. It depends on the course you are going to join.
So before joining any ITI course, you should be very clear about the course duration.
ITI Admission Process-
Admission to the technical training courses is possible in two ways.
- Direct admission(based on 1oth mark)
- Through entrance exams.
Most of the private colleges provide direct admission to this course based on the 1oth mark. and the percentage of the criteria is also deficient. Any student above 40 % in 10th class can apply for this course.
For Government colleges, you have to write an entrance exam conducted by the different state agencies. By the rank of these exams, you will get a seat in the top ITI colleges.
ITI full form
Top entrance exams by state governments for admission in ITI course-
- Andhra Pradesh ITI Admissions
- Assam ITI Admissions
- Bihar ITI Admissions
- Chhattisgarh ITI Admissions
- Delhi ITI Admissions
- Gujrat ITI Admissions
- Haryana ITI Admissions
- Himachal ITI Admissions
- Jharkhand ITI Admissions
- Karnataka ITI Admissions
- Kerala ITI Admissions
- MP ITI Admissions
- Maharashtra ITI Admissions
- Manipur ITI Admissions
- Odisha ITI Admission
- Punjab ITI Admissions
- Rajasthan ITI Admissions
- UP ITI Admissions
- Uttarakhand ITI Admissions
- West Bengal ITI Admissions
some top ITI colleges Across India-
Industrial Training Institute Delhi
Malwa Industrial Training Centre
Baba Kharak Singh Baba Darshan Singh ITI
the fees for Industrial training institutes start from 5 thousand per year and go up to 50 thousand per year for private college.
the costs for government colleges are less compared to private colleges. the fess for government colleges starts from 2 thousand per year and in some cases goes up to 10 thousand per year.
So it is far better if you can get admission in a government college. But the no. of seats in government colleges are very less.
Apart from tuition fees, students also have to pay the examination fees at the time of each exam.
Jobs after ITI course-
as this a short term technical course, getting a job is very easy. Employment in the Government sector such as Railway, electricity department, Defence is available.
A lot of private-sector jobs are also available. Whare, the students can join. Many students from reputed institutions are getting on-campus placement in big companies.
It advised the students to do apprentices after the completion of their course. It will help to get a good job and a better package in multinational companies.
Students can Avail Private sector jobs Abroad also. For getting a job outside of India, an experience of 1 or 2 years advised.
Salary after course-
Most of the students who are getting a job after the completion of their course in the private sector are getting a monthly salary of approximately 10 thousand per month.
For government sector jobs, the salary can start from 15 to 20 thousand.
after the completion of this course, students have many roles to play-
- Machine operator
I hope this article about the full form of ITI helps you to understand this course. you can write to us if you have any suggestions or questions. Our experts will help you out. you can also check the full form of other courses, such as the full form of IA.
Note- before getting admission to any institute, students advised to check the affiliation of that institution carefully.
Related Important Topics
ITI course full Details
ITI कोर्स Full Detail in हिंदी