what Does BA stand for, is an important Question Asked by many?
BA is an Acronym with two famous full forms.
The first one is a Bachelor of Arts which is used for an Undergraduate course, and the other one is an Airline called British Airways.
so, we will discuss both of this in Detail here-
BA- Bachelor of Arts
BA or Bachelor of Art is a 3-year undergraduate course that involves studying subjects related to arts such as History, Hindi, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, Social Science, etc.
In this course, you are given a deep knowledge of arts subjects.
Like if you have chosen history subject During your BA, then you have to read everything about history like Indian History, World History, etc.
This means that you will get good knowledge about whatever subject you choose.
There is a very misconception in our education system that, children who are weak in studies or score low in inter-are studying in graduation from arts, which is not true at all.
Students should use their subject according to their interest and the best example of this is the Bachelor of Arts course.
Among them, the BA course is also very important and an option to take a career to a new height.
You will be surprised to know that the top exam in India, which is UPSC or Public Service Commission,
Many of the children who qualify for it belong to the art background.
Eligibility for BA- Bachelor of Arts course-
Basic eligibility for Bachelor of Arts course is required to pass the 12th.
If you have passed the 12th from any subject, then you are eligible for a Bachelor of Arts course.
For this course, you get direct admission to most colleges on the basis of your 12th marks.
There are just a few top colleges that can either conduct your personal interview or conduct entrance exam,
Such as DU – Some of the top colleges of Delhi University
The tuition fee for this course is negligible as most of the colleges are government-run.
Fees in private colleges can range from ₹ 5000 to 50000 feet per year.
BA courses Available in India-
following are the famous BA courses Available in India-
- Bachelor of Arts in Hindi.
- Bachelor of Arts in History.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sanskrit.
- Bachelor of Arts in Interior Designing.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social works.
- Bachelor of Arts in Home Science.
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
- Bachelor of Arts in Bengali.
- Bachelor of Arts in Music.
- Bachelor of Arts in Yoga.
- Bachelor of Arts in Physical education.
- Bachelor of Arts in other regional languages such as Odiya, Tamil, Telugu, and others.
Career options after BA- Bachelor of Arts course-
There are many career options after doing a Bachelor of Arts course, such as a student can go for a job, start their own business, or go for higher studies after doing this course.
Many students start preparing for government jobs, or they also start preparing for a reputed exam like public service commission.
Key roles –
- Social Worker
- Government jobs
- Private jobs
Salary after BA course-
After doing the BA course you can get a good salary if you have studied properly
If you have good knowledge of your subject then a good job, both in government and private fields is available everywhere.
And there you can get a very good salary –
For example, if you choose to work in the private sector, you can get an initial salary from ₹ 10000 to month at ₹ 50000.
On the other hand, if you go to a government job, you can get an initial salary of 25 to ₹ 30000 a month.
Achievements by BA Degree Holders
Today, when you look around you, you will find that many government officials who are on higher posts have done BA course.
If you see a lot of businessmen, they have studied the art subject.
Today, all the news anchors you see on your television, almost all of them have studied with the art subject.
list of some top BA colleges in India-
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Gargi College, New Delhi
- Shri Venkateshwara College, New Delhi
- ST. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Presidency University, Kolkata
- Christ University, Bengaluru
- Shri Ram Colleges of Commerce, New Delhi
- St Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi
- Symbiosis College, Pune
- Sophia College for Women, Mumbai
The official website of Delhi university DU- Click here
The official website of Loyola college- Click here
BA- British Airways
BA also stands for British Airways. this is also a very famous full form for the BA acronym.
British Airways is the official flag carrier airline of England (UK).
Its headquarter is on the waterside near London Heathrow Airport.
It is the second-largest airline company in England in terms of fleet size and passenger carriage.
This airline company is earning a lot of profits along with better passenger service and this company has many records.
Key points about British Airways-
- In 1974, British Airways was formed by merging four different companies to provide better service to the people.
- British Airways currently has a fleet of about 300 small and large aircraft, which is one of the largest fleets by any company in the world.
- British Airways has approximately 200 destinations in the world, with the exception of domestic destinations, the highest being for the USA.
- The annual revenue of this company is more than £ 13000 million.
- In terms of safety, British Airways has set several records and secured passenger scores safely to their destination.
Click here to Know more about- AAI- Airport Authority of India
The official website of British Airways- Click here
Ajay Kumar is an Electrical Engineer who has been working in the field of education for more than a decade. His education and technology related website and YouTube channel have been well-liked by the people. He is famous for explaining technical terms in easy language.
How did you like this article?
If you have any suggestions or questions, then please comment. Follow the Author on social media.