B.tech full form or meaning is Bachelor of technology.
B. Tech is a 4-year undergraduate course, after which the student gets an engineering degree
This course is also called BE i.e. Bachelor of Engineering or Engineering.
B. Tech is a technical course during which students learn all about their favorite fields.
So students who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of engineering should do the B. Tech course.
As you know engineering means doing something new, so if you too are interested in doing something new, then you should join the B. Tech course.
During this course, you are taught all the technical things related to your branch, from practical and theoretical methods.
Eligibility for B.tech / Engineering
If a student wants to do B.Tech then he has to fulfill the following conditions-
- Minimum qualification 10+2 with physics, Chemistry, and Maths Subject
- minimum percentage in +2 or intermediate should be above 50, for most of the quality colleges.
- students who have completed a polytechnic or Diploma in Engineering also can join B.Tech or engineering course, directly in 2nd year.
Admission to B. Tech course
If a student wants to take a BTech course in India, then he can take admission to the B.Tech course in any engineering college in two ways.
- Engineering admission Through Entrance Exam
- Direct admission in Engineering
Top Entrance exams for B.tech Admission
- JEE MAIN- for IIT, NIT and other top colleges of India
- JEE Advanced- for IIT only
- BITSAT- for BITS Pilani college
- SRMJEEE- for SRM group of colleges
- VITEEE- for VIT college
- MIT- For Manipal Engineering college
- KITEE- For Kalinga Engineering college, Bhubaneshwar
- WBJEE- for west Bengal Engineering colleges
Popular Top Branches of B. Tech
There are more than 50 B. Tech branches taught in India, the major being the following-
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biotech Engineering
- Bio-Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Genetic Engineering
- Information Technology
- marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Nuclear Engineering
- Plastic Engineering
- Software Engineering
B.Tech Top Colleges
There are more than 5000 engineering colleges in India, most of which are private engineering colleges, some of the prominent famous engineering colleges are named after
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Institute of Technology New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Anna University, Chennai
- National Institute of Technology Trichy
- National Institute of Technology Rourkela
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.
- Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
B.Tech course fees
Tuition fees for B.Tech courses vary from college to college, where government colleges have lower tuition fees, while private colleges have higher tuition fees.
Tuition fees for the B.Tech course in India can be anywhere from 40000 to 500000 per year, which completely depends on the college and branch.
B.Tech Course Scope
If a student has studied well from a good college, he can expect a good future.
After doing Btech, it becomes very easy to get a good job with a good salary.
Most of the students get a good job and some have got placement in crores of packages.
Many students, after doing engineering, also do Master of Technology meaning M.Tech course so that they can go to the field of research.
Roles after B. Tech course-
After B.tech course most students are getting the following roles-
- Junior Engineer
Which is the best course in B.tech?
All B.Tech courses are good and are in demand, that’s why they are running
You have to choose according to your interest and need, which will be the best branch for you
At the same time, computer science engineering is the most in-demand now, most of the students doing computer science engineering get a good job, with a good package.
Ajay Kumar is an Electrical Engineer who has been working in the field of education for more than a decade. His education and technology related website and YouTube channel have been well-liked by the people. He is famous for explaining technical terms in easy language.
How did you like this article?
If you have any suggestions or questions, then please comment. Follow the Author on social media.