B. Ed stands for Bachelor of Education.
You get to know the full form of B.Ed here, that is Bachelor of Education,
So let’s now get complete information about the Bachelor of Education course
B. Ed or Bachelor of Education is a teacher training course, after which you become eligible to be a teacher.
According to NCERT rules, if you want to become a teacher at any level, then you must take a teacher training course.
Different teacher training courses have to be done for different levels.
If you want to teach children up to higher secondary level, then you need to do B.Ed for that.
A teacher’s job is a job in which you get a lot of respect along with a good salary, And the B.Ed course will help you in fulfilling your dream.
What students Learn during B. Ed course?
For many people, teaching children may seem like a very easy task but it does not happen
Teaching children to go to their level is a very complicated process to convince the mind.
Therefore during this course, you are taught how you can understand children, how any subject can explain them better.
This means that during this course you are taught how to teach children.
How many years is the B.Ed course duration?
B. Ed course is of 2 years, which any student can do after graduation
But in 2018, to make the B.Ed course more professional by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, it was decided to convert the course into a 4-year integrated course
Under the integrated program of 4 years, you have the option that you can also do B.Ed course with BA, BSE or B.Com.
You will get 2 degrees together after completing 4 years
right Now the 2-year B.Ed course has not been discontinued so that the students who have done their graduation can also do their B.Ed.
If you are currently in twelfth and interested in the B.Ed course then it would be better for you to do 4 years integrated course.
Eligibility for B. Ed course-
If you want to do B.Ed after graduation, then eligibility for that is you should have a minimum of 50% in Graduation.
Five percent concession is given for SC ST and physically handicapped people.
On the other hand, if you want to do 4 years integrated B.Ed course, then your percentage in 12th must be at least 50.
Here also SC ST and physically handicapped people get five percent relaxation.
B. Ed Integrated Course options-
Bachelor of Arts (BA) + B. Ed = 4 Years
Bachelor of Science (BSc) + B. Ed = 4 Years
Bachelor of Commerce (B Com) + B. Ed = 4 Years
Specialization under B.Ed course-
There are a lot of specializations under the B.Ed course out of which you can choose one.
- English, Hindi, Sanskrit
- Urdu, Punjabi, Physics
- Economics, Psychology, Geography
- Mathematics, History, Political Science
- Commerce, Tamil Hearing, Impaired
- Sociology, Social Science, Home Science
- Chemistry, Biology, Integrated Science
B.Ed Course Admission Procedure-
In B. Ed course, you can get admission in two ways, first through direct admission and second through the entrance exam.
In most private colleges, you will get direct admission on the basis of your mark.
But for admission in a government college, you have to write the entrance exam.
The following is the top for admission in the top entrance exam B. Ed course.
- Bihar B. Ed Admission Test
- Uttar Pradesh B. Ed JEE
- IPU- CET
- Banaras Hindu University, UET
- Madhya Pradesh B. Ed entrance test
- Telangana State Education Common Entrance test
- Gujarat University Education Entrance Test
- Maharashtra B. Ed common Entrance Test
- Jammu and Kashmir B. Ed entrance Test
- Punjab University B.Ed Entrance Exam
- Guru Nanak Dev University B. Ed entrance exam
- IGNOU education Entrance exam
B.Ed Course fees-
For the B.Ed course, the course can range from 5 years on year to 100000 on year.
While the fees of government colleges are low, the fees of private colleges are high.
Top B. Ed colleges in India-
- DM College of Teacher Education, Imphal
- Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Dayanand Women’s Training College, Dehradun
- Lord Krishna College of Education, Ambala
- The University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Amity University, Noida
- Loreto College, Kolkata
- Government College for Women education, Coimbatore
- Ranchi University, Ranchi
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Bombay Teachers Training College, Mumbai
- Christian Collge of Education, Kanyakumari
- Government College of Education, Chandigarh
- Vidyasagar teachers training college, Midnapore
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- The University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Aishabai Collge of Education, Mumbai
- Geeta Bajaj Women Teacher Training Institute, Jaipur
- Central India College of Education, Nagpur
- Patna University, Patna
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Chennai
- Green Valley College of Education, Bhopal
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
Career Options after B. Ed course-
After taking B. Ed course you have many career options, such as you can go for higher education, or you can go for a job
In Higher Education, you can do M.Ed or Ph.D. in Education
If you want to do a job, apart from a teacher’s job, you also have many options.
If you want to do a teacher job, then there are many opportunities, as a teacher, your main job is to teach students.
In this, you can earn up to two to four lakhs per year
After doing B.Ed you also have the chance to work as a librarian
Where you have to manage the library properly, here too you can earn from one and a half to ₹ 300000 for a year
A lot of people get a job as a counselor after doing B.Ed where their job is to counsel children, even here people earn from three to ₹ 500000 every year.
After B.Ed, if you want to get a job in a private school then you can directly join
But for a government job, you have to write an exam. Different states have different exams for a teacher’s job.
For example- TET(Teacher Eligibility Test)
I hope this article about the full form of B Ed helps you to understand the B.Bachelor of Arts course. if you have any suggestions or questions. Our experts will help you out. you can also check the full form of other courses, such as the Full form of ITI.
Ajay Kumar is an Electrical Engineer who has been working in the field of education for more than a decade. His education and technology related website and YouTube channel have been well-liked by the people. He is famous for explaining technical terms in easy language.
How did you like this article?
If you have any suggestions or questions, then please comment. Follow the Author on social media.