IPS full form or meaning is Indian Police Service.
IPS is a very big post under which you get a lot of responsibility and respect along with good salary and convenience.
This is a class ONE level job, which is the dream of millions of people, every year millions of students appear for this exam, but few are getting success in it.
To become an IPS officer one has to clear the civil service exam conducted by UPSC, and most of the students who clear this civil service exam have IPS as their first or second choice.
Physical fitness is also necessary to become an IPS, so many times students who have a good score in UPSC are still not able to become IPS.
India has 3 All India Service posts, IPS is one of them, IAS and IFS are two other important posts.
The posting of the IPS officer is done as per the recommendation and requirement of the state government and the central government.
History of IAS
The history of the IPS is very old and was started by the British in 1905 as the Imperial Police Service.
New post of Indian Police Service after independence in 948 came into existence and was made according to India’s requirement.
Students who dream of becoming an IPS officer are required to fulfil certain basic conditions.
- Nationality– Indian
- Age– minimum 21 years, maximum of 32 years (age relaxation for SC / ST and PH candidates)
- Educational Qualification– Graduation in any discipline from any Recognized University
- No. of attempts– 6 for general category, relaxation for other categories student
- Physical fitness-
|Height||165 cm||150 cm|
|Chest||84 cm||79 cm|
|EyeSight||6/12 or 6/9||6/12 or 6/9|
The UPSC exam conducted for IPS and other post has three following steps-
- Mains exam
Students who qualify for IPS also have to undergo physical training.
IPS job is considered a royal job as it provides a lot of good facilities along with a good salary from the government.
Some of the major facilities available to an Indian Police Services officer are:-
- Residence- bungalow with maid, gardener and security
- Transport- car with driver
- Bills- all bills, such as water, electricity, Mobile
- Pension- lifetime pension after retirement
- Trips- free family trips in India and abroad