CPWD full form or meaning is Central Public works Department.
Central Public Works Department is a Public Work agency of the Indian government.
The public works department works as the centralized body that takes care of all sorts of public service activities or development works in India.
CPWD or Central Public Works Department is a Indian government body that is responsible to build and maintain public services like public government construction, bridges, highways, public transportations, drinking water sources and many others like these at the national level.
So in other words we can say that the Central public works department is the government department that deals with the construction and management of public infrastructures such as government building, water systems, roads, bridges etc.
The work and projects of the Indian government like safety, facilities on roads and highways, maintenance and restructuring of government buildings are handled by CPWD that were formerly conducted by the military of India. In the 19th century, the responsibility for public works was transferred to the special section of the Indian Civil Service.
The CPWD is a Central agency, works for the central Government, whereas PWD is also a public works department in all states works for different state governments.
There are many responsibilities of the Central public works department or CPWD such as –
- CPWD is responsible to do construction if any damage happens to any government infrastructure such as schools, highways, hospitals etc.
- The Central Public works department is responsible to provide clean drinking water for their town and fixing the broken water pipeline.
- The Central Public works development normally carries the same duties in India like designing and building of all the government public projects, security of roads and highways, building and development of highways, maintaining and upgrading government buildings etc.
CPWD work categories
The work and responsibilities of the Central Public works department is mainly divided into four categories such as –
- Construction and maintenance of any Government building
- Construction, Development, the safety of roads, highways and flyovers etc.
- Construction and maintenance of Bridge etc.
- Drinking-Water System.
Some other famous full forms of CPWD
CPWD- Centre for Professional Workforce Development
CPWD- Center for People With Disabilities
Similar full forms
PWD full form
PH full form